Thank you for your interest in our spay/neuter, microchip and rabies clinic. This clinic will be held on select dates in October and November and is for healthy cats and dogs with no known medical issues 6 years old and younger. There are a limited number of spaces available.
All cats and dogs must be registered first; you will receive a confirmation from the ARL when your registration is received and approved, and you will be scheduled for one of the following slots:
- Wednesday, October 30th
- Thursday, October 31st
- Monday, November 4th
- Tuesday, November 5th
- Wednesday, November 6th
- Friday, November 8th (no dogs)
- Monday, November 11th (no dogs)
- Tuesday, November 12th (no dogs)
- Wednesday, November 13th (no dogs)
To register for this clinic, please follow these steps:
- Please download, print and complete the following consent form. Your completed form should be brought with you the morning of the surgery. https://www.berksarl.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/surgeryconsent.pdf
- Please do not feed your cat or dog after 8PM the night before surgery. (Water is OK.)
- On the day of your pet’s surgery, please drop your pet off between 7:00-7:30AM at our surgery center. Our surgery center is the first building on the left after you make a right in the fork as you enter the ARL complex. We are located at 58 Kennel Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508, along Rt. 724 in Cumru Township. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late drop offs.
- Pick up times will be posted on the door the day of surgery. At this time, please anticipate to pick up your pet sometime between 2:30-3PM. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate late drop offs or pick ups. You must provide a valid, working phone number so that we can reach you throughout the day in case of an emergency.
- Please drop off your cat in a hard, plastic carrier (please no soft sided or cardboard). Please make sure the carrier is labeled with your name, your pet’s name and whether your pet is a male or a female (masking/duct tape works well if you do not want to write directly on your carrier).
- All dogs must be leashed. Dogs will go home with post-op meds. E-collars can be purchased from us for $10, or you can bring one the day of the surgery for your dog to wear post surgery.
- Rabies vaccinations are included with your pet’s surgery, as well as a microchip. If you pet has a current rabies vaccine, please bring your current rabies certificate for your pet to this clinic.
- If your pet has live fleas, for the safety of other patients, they will be given flea treatment, which is $10 extra.
- Please complete the registration form below. We will notify you once your registration is received and approved.
Thank you to Steve Moyer Subaru and the ASPCA for their generous grant to make this clinic possible!