Benefits of Adoption from the ARL
All animals will receive:
- Spay / Neuter
- Check ins from staff
- Welcome package including complimentary office visit to a local vet
- Welcome gift bag
- $10 Pet Supplies coupon
- Giving a shelter animal a home!
Before You Arrive
- Be prepared to spend an hour or more for the whole process.
- Heads of the household and children living in the household should be present.
- If you have another dog, we recommend he/she should come in to meet the new dog.
- To help your adoption experience, please fill out the appropriate Adopter Profile and bring it with you when you come into our to adopt a pet. They are also available at the shelter for you to complete.
- Out of state adoptions will be approved at the discretion of the ARL management staff on a case by case basis for special circumstances.
Adopting a new family member should not be an impulsive decision. When you come into the shelter, take your time and look around. If a pet catches your eye, one of our adoption counselors will be glad to discuss that pet’s personality and give you some time to meet and greet the pet to find out if he/she is a perfect fit for your family.
If you decide to adopt a dog, you will want to purchase a Berks County dog license at the time of adoption. Please also bring along a leash and collar, or you may purchase a new or gently-used one from us.
If you are interested in pet insurance, please read this informative article by Consumer Advocate who rates the best plans for 2018. Read Article
The Animal Rescue League of Berks County, Inc. in its sole discretion may approve or deny your adoption application for any animal for any reason whatsoever.