Community help for community cats
Funded through grants, Operation CatSnip offers people lower-cost trap-neuter-return (TNR) services to provide a humane and effective way to control and reduce the population of outdoor community cats. Cats who are TNR’ed will receive spay/neuter surgery to prevent them from reproducing, a rabies vaccine, a microchip, and an ear tip, which will designate them as an outdoor community cat who has been sterilized and vaccinated. People who are serviced through this grant will receive access to lower-cost TNR services at just $15 per cat, as well as ongoing support from the ARL.
Operation CatSnip TNR surgeries are available by application and will be open for a limited time until grant funds are exhausted.
At this time, applications for Operation CatSnip are OPEN.
Before you apply, here are a few things to know:
- Operation CatSnip is by application only. If your application is approved, we will notify you within 14 business days. We encourage you to apply as soon as you can. Because Operation CatSnip is funded through a grant, we have a limited number of appointments available.
- These services are for outdoor, free-roaming cats in Berks County only. Please do not apply for your indoor house cat; we offer separate services for those pets by calling our surgery center at 610-373-8830 x640
- If approved, TNR services through Operation CatSnip will cost $15 per cat, offering a discounted rate from our normal fees.
- All approved cats will receive an exam, spay/neuter surgery, a rabies vaccine, a microchip and an ear tip. These services are non-negotiable. Additional vaccines and services (ear cleaning, flea/tick, etc.) may be selected and purchased for an additional fee at the time of drop-off. Please discuss any need for additional services when you set up your appointment.
- Approved applicants will be required to set up an appointment for surgery before trapping. Please do not trap a cat until you have an appointment. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any walk-in appointments.
- Appointment drop offs for trapped cats will be between 7-7:30AM with same-day pick ups from 1:30-4:30PM.
- All cats will be required to be in a trap at the time of drop-off. If you do not have access to a trap, the ARL has a limited supply of traps available for rental. Please contact us for rates and further information at 610-373-8830.
- Once your application is approved, we will contact you with instructions detailing your next steps.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com or contact us at 610-373-8830. Please make sure you mention this program when contacting us. Thank you!