Please join us this Saturday, August 17 from 11AM – 6PM as the ARL takes part in Clear the Shelters, a national adoption event that has found more than 165,000 homes for shelter pets throughout the nation since its inception in 2014. All animals at the ARL will have FREE adoption fees this day. To help your visit and adoption go as smoothly as possible, here are a few tips to ensure you have a successful visit:
- Please plan to arrive early as adoption wait times are expected. A limited number of guests will be permitted in the shelter at once to ensure both our animals and our human guests have a stress-free adoption experience. A covered tent will be provided, along with outside activities and live broadcasts by NBC10, to help you wait for your turn.
- When you arrive to the ARL, please check in at the tent to receive an adoption application to complete before entering the shelter. All adoptions will be by application and with the guidance of an adoption counselor to help ensure you and your family find the perfect pet.
- If you plan to adopt a dog and currently have other dogs at home, we encourage meet and greets to ensure your dogs will get along well. If your dog is not comfortable around a lot of people or lots of other dogs, please try to keep your dog away from the crowds by staying with him/her in your cooled car or by walking around the perimeter of our property until it’s your turn to adopt. Please make sure you check in at the tent first to receive your adoption application and to receive an estimated wait time.
- Please bring a photo ID, and a cat carrier or leash and collar. If you don’t have one, you may purchase those items from us.
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt.
- Under PA law, a $7 dog license fee applies at the time of adoption. This fee is not covered in your sponsored adoption.
- We will have parking attendants and a shuttle for guests who may need assistance.
We will be CLOSED on Friday, August 16 to prepare for this event. Should you have any questions about Clear the Shelters or the adoption process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 610-373-8830.